Founder Mr MXF; Standards Vice President, SMPTE.
Bruce Devlin is well known in the media industry for his work on files and systems; particularly MXF and IMF. In the last 3 decades his presentations and Bruce’s Shorts videos have become the go-to resource for CFOs, CTOs and students wanting to figure out the business of technology. Bruce has designed everything from ASICs to algorithms. He tweets as @MrMXF, he literally wrote the book on MXF and is now responsible for standardisation activities at SMPTE.
Bruce is an
- alumni of Queens’ College Cambridge England
- fellow of the SMPTE and member of the DPP, IABM, The IET and IMIS
- recipient of SMPTE’s David Sarnoff Medal & the IMIS Achievement award
- keen to educate the world about media technology
- and a rider of bicycles (occasionally quickly)