Netflix and YouTube employ thousands of engineers, giving them a huge technical advantage over public service broadcasting rivals
Delegates to IBC’s Leaders’ Forum were warned that if they thought they had already seen the worst of the disruption in broadcasting markets they were wrong. Much worse is on the way with Netflix, and increasingly companies such as Apple, leading the charge...
"The IBC Leaders' Forum is an excellent venue to acquire knowledge of the state of the industry and to network with the broadcast industry leaders."
Radi Alkhas, CEO, Jordan Media City
This year the Leaders' Forum examined where the next stage of growth will come from across the broadcast media ecosystem and explored the topics of consolidation, partnerships, industry disruption, innovative finance models and brand safety in the digital age.
Unprecedented collaboration across the broadcast and media industry continues apace. The market is increasingly fluid and within this shifting ecosystem, companies need to take a close and careful look at partnering opportunities as they present themselves.
Organisations searching for winning collaborative partnerships must look beyond the usual suspects to new entrants and start ups and question which partners offer value in areas that will drive their business forward, and what is the best approach for capturing this shared value? Build, buy or partner?
2018 topics included:
- Refreshing The Growth Agenda: What’s Next For The Broadcast Ecosystem?
- Compete, Collaborate or Consolidate? Finding Friends and Foes In An Age Of Unprecedented Change
- Dealing With Disruption – From Start Ups to Digital Giants: What Can Media Learn From Other Industries?
- Global Corporate Venturing: The Changing Landscape of The Venture Ecosystem
- Consumer Trust and Brand Safety In The Digital Ecosystem: Challenges and Opportunities For New and Old Players