Calling for Champions & Participants!
IBC Accelerator Media Innovation Programme
Accelerator Challenges for 2020 Just Announced!
Responding to the myriad of complex digital transformation challenges and the need to innovate at speed and collaborate remotely in today’s Media & Entertainment industry, IBC has introduced the Accelerator Innovation Programme.
Accelerators are fast track, open and collaborative and open innovation projects that address complex media & entertainment industry business and technology challenges.
Through the Accelerators, multicompany teams come together – led by game changing Broadcasters, Studios, Platforms and Content Owners as ‘Champions’ - to develop solutions to use cases working with expert vendors and solutions providers as project ‘Participants’. Projects develop over an intensive five months’ project path, culminating in innovative solutions that will be showcased as proof of concepts at IBC2020
The programme has been created by IBC to drive sector-wide digital transformation, where Accelerators ultimately demonstrate business value through an open R&D approach, reflecting the value of industry of standards and best practices.
Challenges in 2020 address many relevant and topical areas, such as industry transformation and transition to IP and cloud workflows, the evolution of 5G, VR/AR/MR, the application of AI in many media processes, sustainability and many others.
Benefits of Joining an IBC Accelerator Project
For Champions e.g. Buyers of media solutions:
- Accelerate your R&D without the need for months of commercial negotiations and contracts
- Multiply your R&D resources and gain fresh expert insights on disruptive technologies
- Work collaboratively with peers in your field to fast track solutions to common challenges
- Get fresh creative ideas and technology expertise from multicompany, multinational teams
- Use the Accelerators as a safe and trusted environment to experiment
- Gain visibility for leading edge innovation across IBC, even though you may not exhibit as a buyer
For Participants e.g. solutions providers & vendors:
- Work with champions inside and outside of your usual sales sightline
- Gain an inside track from learning about and solving the tangible pain points of champions
- Apply your expertise to new use cases and prove the value of your solutions
- Get maximum visibility in the runway to IBC and at the show with multiple marketing platforms
- Develop your teams with real world challenges, working with cross industry players
First Accelerator Projects for 2020 Announced!
The following projects are in formation and set to get underway, click on projects to see list of supporting Champions and Participants (where confirmed) and where additional Champions and vendor expertise is required....
|Accelerator Project||Champion/ Project Lead|
|TV Delivered as Objects||ITV|
|AI Assisted Shot List Creation of Video Assets||Associated Press|
|Usable VFX Archive||Movielabs|
Apply to be Champion or Participant
Project Start Dates: 10 April 2020
Project dates: April - August 2020
IBC2020: 11-15 September 2020
Download the Overview Deck
Frequently Asked Questions