Existing Media-Telecom Catalyst teams are now seeking new companies to participate! Join now to become part of a team that will co-design and co-create practical solutions for digital transformation and accelerate your R&D in the process.
Media-Telecom Catalyst Programme
What is the Media-Telecom Catalyst Programme?
The Media-Telecom Catalyst Programme will bring together buyers and end users (Champions) and solutions and technology providers (Participants) from across the media and telco space to collaboratively develop proof-of-concept projects. These rapid-fire projects will focus on driving technical innovation to build demonstrable solutions to solve industry challenges. These Catalysts will then be showcased at TM Forum’s events around the world, and IBC in Amsterdam.
Whether your company is a Champion looking for a technology based solution to an industry challenge or a Participant with the ability to create a solution, participating in the Media-Telecom Catalyst Programme will allow you to position your company as industry leaders, build relationships, try out new ideas and demonstrate alignment between technical initiatives and business strategy.
Benefits of joining the Catalyst Programme
- 5 x multiplication of resources - Catalysts serve as extensions to your R&D departments, where resources are pooled by participating organisations
- Acceleration of R&D - With an R&D cycle considerably faster than most in-house R&D cycles the power of the Catalysts is undeniable. TM Forum manages each of these projects ensuring structured programs are in place, adhered to by all participants. All at a fraction of the cost that you would have incurred internally.
- Creativity from a multi-company team - Working with some of the brightest minds from outside your company helps get fresh perspectives into the project.
- Testing Platform - Learn how your solution works with others in the industry in a hands-on environment. Receive real requirements and feedback from Champions and industry colleagues.
- ‘Trust’ a safe place to innovate - Explore new concepts without needing to expend time and energy to form commercial relationships.
IBC and TM Forum MWC Networking Event
The worlds of media and telecoms are converging, OTT's like Netflix and Amazon are disrupting the entire media ecosystem, audience viewing platforms are fragmenting and the race is on to deploy immersive technologies. Making the most of this convergence requires brand new thinking to exploit the opportunities and new technology available and requires collaboration between the media and telecoms industries.
IBC, with a vast community of international broadcast, media and entertainment organisations is collaborating with the TM Forum, which represents more than 850 global communication service providers and their suppliers. Together we are bringing TM Forum's highly successful collaborative Catalyst innovation programme to the converging media-telecoms value chain.
Webinar: Media-Telecom Catalysts: Accelerating innovation across the value chain
Join a Catalyst Project!
We received multiple proposals for multi-company innovative projects. These were explored in detail at TM Forum's Action Week in Lisbon in February and four key Catalyst challenges were identified to move forward to the next stage.
Existing teams for these challenges are now seeking new companies to participate! Join now to become part of a team that will co-design and co-create practical solutions for digital transformation and accelerate your R&D in the process.
These projects come with wide marketing exposure, and culminate in demonstrations in the high energy Catalyst Zone at TM Forum's flagship event, Digital Transformation World, Nice on May 14-16, 2019 and IBC2019, Amsterdam in September!
Getting involved is easy!
Browse the list of exisiting Catalyst projects to find those that interest you and add your ideas and contact information in the section at the bottom of the page.