WorldDAB Session: Digital Audio Broadcasting – driving radio's biggest transformation
Six months after Norway became the first country in the world to switch off FM transmitters in favour of DAB+ digital radio, research shows that listeners and advertisers remain loyal to radio. Public broadcasters and commercial radio groups are investing their money in DAB to secure radio's position in the future. Auto manufacturers are also looking at new uses for DAB data services and how DAB can be integrated into the connected car. In a world of voice activated and smart devices, investment in digital technology is crucial for the radio sector to retain its solid position within the media landscape.
This session looks at how digital audio broadcasting is driving the biggest shift in radio industry:
- DAB Global Update
- Norwegian Radio’s DSO - how is it going?
- The evolving business case for DAB
- Digital radio in the connected world
- The case for national and EU receiver legislation for digital radio
- Cost-benefit analysis of FM, DAB, DAB+ and broadband for radio broadcasters and listeners.