UHD Forum Session: Ultra HD – where we are and where we are going
With over 50 commercial services worldwide, Ultra HD has already brought higher resolution to TV and video. Better new generation of sound, better HDR and higher frame rates will make the UHD experience even more immersive. The Ultra HD Forum Masterclass will discuss all of this with an in-depth look into Next Generation Audio from Dolby, DTS and Fraunhofer.
Hear from the forum members creating the next generation of entertainment:
12.00 – 12.40 Part 1. Where are we with UHD?
• State of the industry
• Operators’ current plans: New Ultra HD Forum Operator Survey Results, and How the Forum’s Phase B Guidelines Apply
• Interoperability today: What Ultra HD Forum Plugfests are Telling Us About the Future of UHD
12.40 – 13.25 Part 2. Where UHD is heading?
• HDR of tomorrow - better, smarter pixels
• High Frame Rate and other aspects of the Forum’s Phase B Guidelines
• Stories from the bleeding edge: French Open 2017 tennis tournament, the world’s first UHD + HDR + Next Gen Audio
13.25 – 14.00 Part 3. Zoom on next generation audio
• What is NGA under the hood?
• Panel moderated by Skip Pizzi