UHD Forum IBC Masterclass 2019
1. Real World live TV UHD deployments, lessons so far – 2. France TV’s live 8K trials – 3. UHD Global Market update – 4. UHD encoding workshop
9:35 LIVE UHD SERVICES IN THE REAL WORLD TODAY - ~60 minutes
Session moderated by Ben Schwarz - focused on lessons from the early commercial deployments of live UHD services – Operators only, no vendors.
- Phil Layton - BBC
- Dolf Schinkel - KPN
- Matthieu Parmentier - France TV
- Emili Planas Quintana - Mediapro
Short presentations by operators, followed by panel and Q&A.
Each operator to address:
- Launch Rationale (why you decided to go forwards)
- How: workflow, architecture, content sources, …
- Where/Who - a few titbits about local market / customer segmentation
- Market Feedback so far (QoE, NPS, any customer feedback)
- Roadblocks / Issues still faceD
- Backwards Compatibility - how was it addressed, is it fixed?
- Is HDR present, on the roadmap? If so what sort?
- Any other feedback...
10:35 Presentation of 8k live TV trial at French Tennis Open in June 2019 - ~20 minutes