EDCF Global Update Summary
EDCF GLOBAL UPDATE SUMMARY
An annual fixture at IBC, The European Digital Cinema Forum Global Update session brings you up to speed with the latest business and technology developments in cinema around the world from manufacture through mastering, distribution and exhibition, focusing largely on the impact of digital cinema on the workflow and structures of the market.
Starting with a review of the state of the world-wide industry, leading practitioners from Europe and the USA share their experiences looking at a range of topical issues.
Among the many areas of discussion and explanation will be:
- Global state of digital technology in cinema
- The EDCF/UNIC Best Practice Guides
- ACES and digital archiving
- SMPTE-DCP progress
- Driving forces behind the migration to Laser projection
- Open source and digital cinema
- Audio in cinema
- Accessibility solutions in cinema
A networking drinks reception will follow at the end of the session.