Media-Telecom Catalyst Programme
The world's of media and telecoms are converging, OTT's like Netflix and Amazon are disrupting the entire media ecosystem, audience viewing platforms are fragmenting and the race is on to deploy immersive technologies. Making the most of this convergence requires brand new thinking to exploit the opportunities and new technology available and requires collaboration between the media and telecoms industries.
IBC, with a vast community of international broadcast, media and entertainment organisations is collaborating with the TM Forum, which represents more than 850 global communication service providers and their suppliers. Together we are bringing TM Forum's highly successful collaborative Catalyst innovation programme to the converging media-telecoms value chain.
Interested in joining the Media-Telecom Catalyst Programme? Find out more below or complete our short form to register your interest and one of the team will be in touch.
Deadline to submit is Friday 14 December.
The Media-Telecom Catalyst Programme will bring together buyers and end users (Champions) and solutions and technology providers (Participants) from across the media and telco space to collaboratively develop proof-of-concept projects. These rapid-fire projects will focus on driving technical innovation to build demonstrable solutions to solve industry challenges. These Catalysts will then be showcased at TM Forum’s events around the world, and IBC in Amsterdam.
Whether your company is a Champion looking for a technology based solution to an industry challenge or a Participant with the ability to create a solution, participating in the Media-Telecom Catalyst Programme will allow you to position your company as industry leaders, build relationships, try out new ideas and demonstrate alignment between technical initiatives and business strategy.
- 5 x multiplication of resources - Catalysts serve as extensions to your R&D departments, where resources are pooled by participating organisations
- Acceleration of R&D - With an R&D cycle considerably faster than most in-house R&D cycles the power of the Catalysts is undeniable. TM Forum manages each of these projects ensuring structured programs are in place, adhered to by all participants. All at a fraction of the cost that you would have incurred internally.
- Creativity from a multi-company team - Working with some of the brightest minds from outside your company helps get fresh perspectives into the project.
- Testing Platform - Learn how your solution works with others in the industry in a hands-on environment. Receive real requirements and feedback from Champions and industry colleagues.
- ‘Trust’ a safe place to innovate - Explore new concepts without needing to expend time and energy to form commercial relationships.
To get involved in the Media-Telecom Catalyst programme you can select one of the below concepts and we will undergo a matchmaking process, pairing you up with the relevant end users that have real-world problems that need to be solved, other solutions providers or projects that are already in progress. Alternatively, you can submit your own catalyst project proposal with your catalyst team.
Below you will find some useful links and resources that will explain further about the Media-Telecom Catalysts Programme and help you prepare your submission.