Virtual and collaborative projects continue to drive industry innovation
Responding to the myriad of complex digital transformation challenges and the need to innovate at speed and collaborate remotely in today’s Media & Entertainment industry, IBC has introduced the Accelerator Innovation Programme.
Through the Accelerators, multicompany teams come together – led by game changing Broadcasters, Studios, Platforms and Content Owners as ‘Champions’ - to develop solutions to use cases working with expert vendors and solutions providers as project ‘Participants’. Projects develop over an intensive five months’ project path, culminating in innovative solutions that will be showcased as proof of concepts at IBC2020
The programme has been created by IBC to drive sector-wide digital transformation, where Accelerators ultimately demonstrate business value through an open R&D approach, reflecting the value of industry of standards and best practices.
Challenges in 2020 address many relevant and topical areas, such as industry transformation and transition to IP and cloud workflows, the evolution of 5G, VR/AR/MR, the application of AI in many media processes, visual effects archiving, sustainability and many others.
Watch Our Latest Video
First Accelerator Projects for 2020 Announced!
The following projects are in formation and set to get underway, click on projects to see list of supporting Champions and Participants (where confirmed) and where additional Champions and vendor expertise is required....
|Accelerator Project||Champion/ Project Lead|
|BBC (Project Lead, Ian Wagdin), Al Jazeera Media Networks, BT, ITV, SVT, TV2, ViacomCBS, Yle|
|Virtual & Interactive Live Music Talent Show||MTV International/ViacomCBS (Project Lead, Bianca Acca), Warner Music|
|TV Delivered as Objects||ITV (Project Lead), BBC, Yle, Unity Technologies|
|AI Assisted Shot List Creation of Video Assets||Associated Press (Project Lead, Sandy MacIntyre), Al Jazeera Media Networks, BBC|
|Usable VFX Archive||MovieLabs (Raymond Drewry: Project Lead), Universal Studios, Paramount Studios, Sony Innovation Studios, Unity Technologies|
|CG Animation Production: New Immersive & Real-Time Workflows||Unity Technologies, Unreal Engine/Epic Games|
|Live Content Moderation||Al Jazeera, Reuters, Associated Press, BBC, RTÉ|
|5G Centralised Streaming for Location-based Virtual Reality (LBVR)||Telenet/Liberty Global (Project Lead), Park Entertainment|
Benefits of Joining an IBC Accelerator Project
For Champions e.g. Buyers of media solutions:
- Accelerate your R&D without the need for months of commercial negotiations and contracts
- Multiply your R&D resources and gain fresh expert insights on disruptive technologies
- Work collaboratively with peers in your field to fast track solutions to common challenges
- Get fresh creative ideas and technology expertise from multicompany, multinational teams
- Use the Accelerators as a safe and trusted environment to experiment
- Gain visibility for leading edge innovation across IBC, even though you may not exhibit as a buyer
For Participants e.g. solutions providers & vendors:
- Work with champions inside and outside of your usual sales sightline
- Gain an inside track from learning about and solving the tangible pain points of champions
- Apply your expertise to new use cases and prove the value of your solutions
- Get maximum visibility in the runway to IBC and at the show with multiple marketing platforms
- Develop your teams with real world challenges, working with cross industry players
Apply to be Champion or Participant
Project Start Dates: 10 April 2020
Project dates: April - August 2020
IBC2020: 11-15 September 2020
Download the Overview Deck
Find out more about the accelerator programme here
Frequently Asked Questions